Sunday, August 17, 2008

Rendition

I watched this movie last night with my husband. It was one of those movies I loved to hate. It was really good but it made me so angry. At the same time it really made me think. While I think torturing is wrong, there are some instances where people really ARE withholding information that can save thousands. The problem is is that when do they know when someone is truely guilty and truely has information or is just lying to get out of being tortured? It's a tough situation and there is no simple solution. I don't personaly beleive in physical pain torture but at the same time how can I tell the governmment not to do it, when hypocriticly I'd be the first one to be in these people's faces if any of them ever blew up a building my four year old or husband happened to be in. It's a sad situation. It just seems like there should be some way that these mistaken identity or misunderstandings do NOT happen..Terrorists don't mind killing themselves for what they beleive to be a just cause, but dying instantly and being tortured are two completly seperate issues..it's a hard movie to watch.

No comments: