Thursday, November 8, 2007

Stephen King

Being from Maine, I love Stephen King books.One of my favorite Stephen King novels was "IT". I had never read it before but had seen the tv movie version millions of times over the years. I had heard that the book was really good as well and had some parts that the movie didn't get to include so I picked up the book. Like most of his books it was a pretty large book with a few hundred pages in it, but I read it fairly quickly and within about five days was done with it. He has written so many great ones like Carrie, Maximum Overdrive, The Stand, Pet Semetary, etc. Sometimes the books are better than the movies.


The latest story to make it to the bigscreen is the short story The Mist by Stephen King. Let me tell you I LOVED that story. I wasn't interested in reading it at first but my husband earged me to read it. It was a great story and the ending was creepy. I can't wait to go and see how it's portrayed on the big screen. Hopefully with no phony fake Maine accents. I can't remember where the story takes plus but I know that when they do ones of his that take place in Maine often times people have those fake Maine accents. Drives me nutty. I don't even HAVE an accent. You should pick up some of Stephen's short story books. You may find the mist.



No comments: