Friday, December 14, 2007

Ghost Hunting

How many of you have ever read about a haunted place in your area and gone to check the place out? I have done it a few times, mainly at night but always chicken out. For example, my husband and I were in Joplin, Misery(lol as my father in law calls it)and I read about the Peace Street Cemetery and how there was a grave of a vicious murderer at the very back of the place. It is said that some people experience extreme feelings of nausia just walking by the area and others have felt a prescense follow them how. Also it is said that even though there is no known family members alive in relation to the murderer, someone always tends to his gravesite.

Well, we drove by there at night and I had my husband roll down my window so I could take a picture. It was soo dark, I was scared and really creeped out so I took the picture fast and told him to keep driving. It was kind of a bad place to be parked. Many people have been killed in accidents on that road as well. I went back the next day during the day and took a look at it and walked through the place. It was extremely overgrown and full of ticks i'm sure. After about ten minutes of looking i could not figure out where the graves started and ended so I gave up. Nothing showed up in the first picture I took, nor any of the daytime ones.

Another time my friends and I took pictures outside a supposently haunted building in my parents town but got nothing back in the pictures. However, we didn't stay long because there was a house acrossed the street and we didn't want them thinking we were breaking in or something.

Other than that the only other time I did anything like that was when my ex boyfriend, my sister and I drove down to Bucksport, Maine (I am from Maine)to check out the gravestone of Jonathan Buck. I beleive the story goes something like he allowed a woman he had an affair with supposently to be burned or hanged as a witch. She cursed him and an imprint of a foot, her foot supposently, is permanantly on his gravestone. They have replaced the stone once or twice and it still shows up. It's very creepy. However, I was very disapointed to find out that the graveyard itself is gated off so you cannot enter. So I had to try and take pictures of it through a fence. Not easy.

No comments: