Friday, December 14, 2007

Poltergeist

I love this movie. The first one, anyway. This movie doesn't really scare me. Although if I was watching it late at night, all alone in a house by myself I would probably be a bit freaked out. It's more sad to me, knowing that Heather O'Rourke died so young and that she was only able to get through the Poltergeist movies. The first one was great, the others were mediocre but she loved doing them. It's so sad because i'm sure she would have matured as a young actress and gone on to play adult roles and really get into her craft. Taken away so young. So sad. What really gets to me and makes me sad in the pits of my stomach is the "Carol Anne's Theme" at the end of the movie. There is just something about kids singing choir type music that can really give you the heeby geebies.

No comments: