Friday, December 14, 2007

Strike Gold

When I was younger I remember my grandpa having a fewgold coins he kept in a safe and private place. Everytime I visited he would let me look at them but we were not allowed to touch them. I always liked to imagine that my grandpa faught a pirate for them. However, I realize that is not true. Grandpa passed away at least ten years ago now, and I still think about those coins. I think they were passed down to another relative. I have considered investing myself in some gold coins, not just as a collectors peice but as an investment, Kind of a way to preserve wealth. Not that I am wealthy by any means but it would make me feel like it. I was reading up on the Monex Company and they seem like a reliable group of proffesionals that could give me investment advice when it comes to choosing a precious metal such as gold or silver. They would either keep it in a safe bank for me or ship it directly to my door. I think I prefer the directly to my doorstep method the best. Maybe someday I can show them to my grandkids.

No comments: